Frequently Asked Questions
– How can I apply for SPARK Scholarship?
Go to Application Center click on apply now to access the application page, you will be required to sign up if you don’t have an account or click on manage current application to sign in if you already have an account.
– Can I save application progress and continue later?
Yes, after you create your account, you will receive an email with application link, your username and password. You can always access your account through that link or you can sign in directly if you have an account through this link. Click here
– What does the Scholarship cover?
SPARK Scholarship student tuition fees / enrolment, other allowances such as local transportation, Study materials, monthly stipend, might be supported depending on the educational programme you are applying for.
– Am I eligible to apply?
Please see About the Scholarship page in Application Center
– I am Palestinian Syrian, am I eligible for a Spark Scholarship?
Yes, if you are a holder of Syrian passport or UN blue card.
– Does the scholarship cover the whole duration of study if I’m approved for Bachelor’s degree?
Bachelor’s degree scholarship covers the tuition fees of the academic year 2016/2017 only, and maybe renewed on yearly basis, subject to availability of funds, and upon the receipt of end-year results from the Higher Education Institution in which you were admitted. Your score should not be under the acceptable pass rate (60%).
– Under what circumstances my Scholarship might be terminated?
• The scholarship is terminated after the expiration of the contractual obligation period stipulated in the contract, This is generally 1 year;
• Scoring under the acceptable rate (60%) in the end year exam may cause the scholarship to be terminated
• Student violation of University / Higher Education Institution’s code of conduct can cause termination at any moment duration the studies
• Dishonesty or misbehaviour towards SPARK staff or University professors or lectures can cause termination at any moment duration the studies.
• Repeated absence from classes without valid justification can cause termination at any moment duration the studies
• Receiving scholarship funds from another agency, person or organization. Duplication of scholarships is strictly prohibited
• Student approval in UNHCR resettlement programme or any other resettlement programme by any other organization leading to an inability to complete the study programme leads to automatic termination
– Can I apply for SPARK scholarship offered in Turkey if I live in Lebanon?
Unfortunately you can only apply for the scholarship offered in your country of residence. I.e. If you are based in Lebanon, you can apply for one of SPARK Scholarships offered in Lebanon only.
– What is the equivalence certificate? and how can I obtain it?
Equivalence certificate is generally obtained from the Ministry of Education or Ministry of Higher Education. It is a state authentication of your high school degree that you have obtained from Syria and an endorsement of your degree according to your host country’s educational grading system. We advise you to contact the Ministry of Education or Ministry of Higher Education to know more about the procedures.
– Do I need a translation of my foreign diploma? How do I get it?
If you obtained a high school diploma (baccalaureate), from a different country then you currently live in, you need to provide a translation of this document to English or the local language. You need to take your original high school diploma (baccalaureate) to a public notary, and ask for an official translation.
– I lost my high school diploma in the war. Can I still apply for a scholarship?
Yes you can. We understand that you do not currently have your high school diploma due to the war. If you finished high school, you can still apply for a scholarship. Please fill in the questions about your high school diploma to the best of your ability. SPARK cannot guarantee that you will be considered for a scholarship
– I do not have a language certificate. Can I still apply for a scholarship?
Yes you can. SPARK cannot guarantee that you will be considered for a scholarship.
– Could the scholarship cover graduate studies (masters, PhD)?
Unfortunately not, SPARK scholarships covers a variety of short-term courses, vocational education programs and Bachelor’s Programs.
– Is English a prerequisite for the scholarship?
This depends on the language of study per program, at SPARK, we are giving priority to support Scholarship programs in Arabic and Kurdish. And English only when required.
– Will SPARK help us find a job?
SPARK is a not-for-profit international organization that develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young and ambitious people. The HES programme provides only higher education to Syrian refugees and unfortunately cannot provide jobs after the education period. Nevertheless, the programme provides constant mentorship to scholars which would help you to shape your career.
– What if I did not find answers to my questions here?
Please contact your SPARK country office on one of the following email addresses:
-I am having difficulties with submitting my application
Please contact email@example.com if you have any technical difficulties with your application.